Thursday 28 March 2013

Catch-up & Easter Nail Art!


Hello everyone! It's Dee here :-)

Sorry for not posting some of my own stuff recently! I've been quite busy and my nails have been quite bad, so I've had to give them a rest for a while!

However as you probably know from Li, we went to see a band called Lawson on Saturday the 16th of March! If you know who they are - high five!

They are a UK band and have their own You Tube channel so if you want, check them out click here!

So, I decided to do a gradient on my nails for the concert and it was my first time doing it! This was probably why it didn't look very good! I will practise and do a gradient for you all soon!

I then decided to put Lawson's logo design over my nails as its quite easy! Below is a picture for you lovely people!

I used Collection 2000 Hot Looks - Bongo Beat, Avon - Peppermint Leaf and Barry M black for the Lawson logo across my nails!
 
So because its nearly Easter (for the UK - I'm not sure about everywhere else!), me and Li, thought that we better do some Easter inspired designs, in case you wanted to have something on your nails over the Easter period!

So here is a picture of my finished design, and I will tell you how to do it below!

With topcoat


So I started off with painting my nails with Avon Peppermint Leaf that I forgot that I even had until about a week ago, so I really wanted to include it in my next design! I quite liked this polish, as its a lovely minty colour and there were no streaks in it. It didn't come out too gloopy either, which I though it would be for some reason!  So I might get some more and do a swatch on them - so look out for that!

Below is my nails after two coats of Avon Peppermint Leaf, after a clear base coat :-)


I waited for these to dry, then I chose 4 colours that I thought were very Eastery! (I'm not sure that's a word?!) These were:

(left to right) Avon - Vintage Blue, Collection 2000 Hot Looks - Candy Floss and Teeny Bikini
 
 Now, the yellow nail polish on the end I have never heard of before! I also got it ages ago so I cant remember where I got it from but its a lovely yellow shimmer! Have you heard of the brand 'Image' before? I would love to know!

I started with this yellow colour, and put a large dot of it, on to a rough piece of paper. I then got an open hair grip (because I need a dotting tool and it was the next best thing!), and doted spots on my nails.  

 
 I then got one of my other colours and repeated what I did with the yellow nail polish - placing a large dot on the same piece of paper and then I used the hair grip to place random dots on my nails. 
 

Avon - Vintage Blue with the nail polish brand I don't know!
 
 I then did this same method with the two other colours that I wanted to use!



Collection 2000 Hot Looks - Candy Floss Added
 
 
Side view - without top coat



All the colours - no topcoat
 
I would advise that you do this design quite quickly so you don't have to keep on getting more polish on to the paper every time you do a couple of nails - I think that would be quite annoying!
 
I let these dry and then put on a thick top coat. You want to make sure that it is thick, so you don't feel any bumps from the dots when you run your finger tip over your nail.
 
Once you've done this allow your thick top coat to dry, which could be a while, and your done!
Final design with a thick top coat!
 
I think this design is quite appropriate for Easter as the colours are ones that I would associate with this holiday and the dots remind me of Easter Eggs!
 
Are you going to, or have you tried this design?! Please let us know or send us a picture!
 
Have a happy Easter and I will speak to you soon :-)
 
Andie x

No comments:

Post a Comment